Mergers & Acquisitions
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) is a branch of corporate law dealing with purchases, sales, and mergers of companies. These often complex transactions can involve financing and security issues, cross-border issues, and both cash and stock consideration.
We understand the importance of momentum in business deals. We act swiftly to ensure your transaction is undertaken as quickly and efficiently as possible. We leverage our extensive legal and commercial experience together with our practical approach to drive deals forward to completion. Our services include:
- Building a "road map" for the client from start to finish, including a timeframe.
- Advising on deal and negotiating strategies and tactics
- Determining, with the help of tax lawyers or accounting advisors, the tax implications and if they require special structuring.
- Structuring deals and preparing memoranda of understanding or term sheets
- Drafting non-disclosure and non-circumvention agreements
- Preparing and advising with respect to purchase agreements
- Conducting legal due diligence for a purchaser or, alternately, assisting the seller in preparing an electronic due diligence portal
- Dealing with all arrangements and requirements of the financial aspects of the transaction and liaising with lenders, investors and accountants as appropriate
- Liaising with brokers, local counsel (if cross-border), insurers, lenders etc.